Jewish Prague transportation services
Prague airport transfer
We offer our car transportation service from Prague airport to any place in Prague.
Our drivers will be at the airport arrival hall waiting for you. The plus of this service is no waiting and your private car. It can take aprox. 30-40 minutes to city center - it can take longer in traffic jams.
Price is 35,00Eur/car/one way (up to 4 persons) or 65 Eur for transfer airport-hotel-airport
or you can send us email: email@example.com
Public transport in Prague
You can use
- Metro (Subway)
- Public buses
All the above belong to the Prague Public Tansport (called MHD in Czech) and you have to have valid tickets to use the Public transport in Prague.
There are two basic kinds of tickets:
- tickets for 18 Czech crowns are valid for 20 minutes in bus or tram, but in METRO it is for 5 statios (not including the departure station) and you can not change from one public transport to another.
- tickets for 26 crowns are valid for 75 minutes and you can change freely the public transport within your 75 minutes limit.
At the metro, the validation machines are usually located by the entrance to the moving stairs. The ticket is invalid without this validation. If you see people entering freely the paid area without tickets, then it is either because they have permanent tickets or are riding “black”.
Going without tickets or not validating them is quite dangerous, because you can pay a big fine.
You can also buy long-time tickets for
- 1 day (24 hours) for 100 Kc
- 3 days (72 hours) for 330 Kc
- 5 days (168 hours) for 500 Kc
Taxi service in Prague
Generally speaking - Prague is known by its many taxi drivers to cheat their passengers. We do not say, that all taxi drivers in Prague are cheating, of course there are many correct ones, but you will find cheating taxi drivers in Prague quite often, especially in Prague city center.
So here are some tips to avoid this:
- First, use taxi companies, which you, or hotel will order by phone, such as CITY TAXI and AAA TAXI. These two companies are the most professional, speak English and they will not overcharge.
The numbers are:
CITY TAXI: 257 257 257
AAA TAXI: 222 333 222
- If you have to use taxi from the street, make sure to set the price with the driver before you enter the car. Typical prices are up to 25 Crowns/km. Unless you are going to the airport or outside of Prague, the price should not be above 300 Crowns (17 USD). Mostly it will be below 150 Crowns.
- Hotel cars are OK to use, but will likely be about 25-50% more expensive than regular taxi service.
Transportation and parking in the Jewish city of Prague
You will see, that many of the historical, centrally located places are closed for transportation. If you arrive by car, you will experience problems with parking, as most of the parking places are for Prague 1 residents with valid permit only.
You have several options where to park ([aid parking) in Jewish Prague:
- Hotel Intercontinental or "Palach" square underground parking
- There are also parking zones, where you can buy parking permit for certain time, but be aware to park at valid places only (the best is to ask the locals!).
These areas are signed and you can park with the ticket which you have bought in near by coin automat machine. There is free of charge parking from 6:00PM till 8:00AM at certain places - marked by traffic signs.
Generally it is not worth to use car in Prague, the public transport works very well and is not expensive. You can avoid many troubles if you do not arrive by car to Prague...
We provide all the types of transportation for all your journeys within Jewish Prague city and whole Czech republic, Austria and Hungary (Wiena and Budapest).
We offer Air conditioned cars, mini vans, buses for reasonable prices in Jewish Prague location.
We can also arrange RENT-A-CAR for discounted prices from Jewish Prague city to any place in Czech republic for you.